When it comes to legal cases, an expert witness can play a crucial role in helping to prove or disprove certain claims. However, not just anyone can serve as an effective expert witness. Here are some qualities that make a good expert witness:
Here's how an expert witness can help you in business:
- Credentials: A good expert witness has the necessary education, training, and experience to speak on the subject matter at hand.
- Objectivity: A good expert witness is impartial and presents facts and opinions in an unbiased manner.
- Communication skills: A good expert witness can effectively communicate complex information to a judge or jury in a clear and understandable way.
- Availability: A good expert witness is reliable and available to provide testimony when needed.
- Preparation: A good expert witness takes the time to thoroughly review the case, documents, and any relevant evidence before providing testimony.
With these qualities, a good expert witness can greatly enhance a legal case and provide valuable insights that may be the difference between a successful outcome and a disappointing result.
Paul Luker is a degreed, board certified safety professional and has 50 years of oil and gas experience including Drilling, Workover and Completion, Production, Pipeline, Operations, Construction and Regulatory Compliance. Paul has served as an Industry Expert since 1995, Paul is recognized up through the US 8th Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans, LA. Paul has experience in pipeline explosions and fire investigations and testimony, powerline strikes including fatalities, pipeline construction injuries. Paul has testifies in multiple drilling accidents, workover completion accidents, and production facility accidents
A CALL BACK